Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thoughts on Trusting God through Trial

Faith in God requires trust.  It is easy to feel affirmed and trusting when surrounded by good things in life but when the trials come where does this leave us?  We are so dependent on affirmations and when we experience those trying times we often struggle to accept and understand that God is indeed present in the good and in the bad working in our lives and the lives of others. Often our peace suffers because of  the actions of another something completely beyond our control. This peace is dependent on externals and   is easily destroyed.  It is only through better knowledge of God surrender and childlike  trust in his guidance both in our own lives and those of others that true serenity is possible.

Our love for others can be one of the greatest sources for pure joy. Case in point the love that as a parent you discover for your precious newborn or young child. Love however to be healthy often requires boundaries that can mean that we have to pull back even from someone we love deeply like a partner or a child. We cannot control others or their choices even from very early on and we must instead endeavor to focus on our own power of choice and mindset. Loving as a Christian may prompt us to do too much at times but genuine love requires a balance between our own needs and the needs of another.

It is at this point that we can grow by turning to God although  we cannot understand with our limited knowledge his all his ways.   When we allow God to inspire our actions and direct our paths or actions toward others we can further God's purpose in our world.  Lord, guide my journey this day and always.  Help me to trust you to handle what I cannot.  I so want the peace that you promise but I cannot find it in the circumstances of this life.  I can only find it through knowledge of you and through allowing and trusting you to direct my ways and those whom I love.  I must allow and trust  you to take control of my life. In doing so may I become pleasing to you and a light for others to come to see and know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment