Wednesday, December 30, 2009


Grow where you are planted...how am I to apply this to my life as it is now. Outside there are scenes of winter. We are far from Spring yet having seen the coming and going of the seasons over the years of my life I know that time and waiting will transform the landscape into the season where growth is once again present. It is curious to realize that the Bible only gives us glimpses of all but the last 3 years of our Lord's life. How did he live those ordinary years before his ministry began? Surely this was a time of waiting for him too.

Today I read a bible passage from 1John admonishing that we are not to love the World or the things of the World but here I find myself in the world surrounded by the pressures, trials, and tribulations within. How am I to put on blinders and to focus on those things that God would have me focus on? So much in the world that I have seen is beautiful mountains, the oceans, a newborn baby so these must be glimpses of Heaven. Help me to find each day those images that confirm what I know to be true. How can I spend this time of waiting in my life in a way that will allow me to grow and like Jesus be filled with wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment